I have always enjoyed the 25 things you don’t know about me in US Weekly. For some reason reading things you would never guess about a person by looking at them fascinates me (even the small quirky things). So I decided to take note and share a bit of myself with you all, so here is a bit of my Instagram life followed by 25 things you may not know about me…
I hope you enjoy and don’t forget, 5 days left to enter my Amrita Singh giveaway here.
1) I love the life I have built in LA but secretly wish I lived closer to my mother and sisters (they truly are my best friends outside of my husband and rarely a day goes by where we don’t talk or text).
2) I do not like other peoples feet touching me, I don’t know why but it seriously freaks me out.
3) My lingual frenulum (in english: the piece of skin that attaches your tongue to the bottom of your mouth) is too long. I had to train myself to talk correctly when I was little because my mom would not let the doctors cut it. My r’s sounded like w’s and my w’s like r’s. My mom would always make me say park the car in New York which came out as “pawk the caw in Ner Yowk”, she thought it was adorable, I hated it. I am pretty sure that was our answering machine message for some time (yes the kind with recorded tapes, did I just date myself?!)
4) US Weekly is my weakness. I know it’s still gossip but I love it. I refuse to buy a subscription where I would save significantly because half the joy in it is seeing a new one at the grocery checkout, my husband can’t stand this!
5) I was married in Maui on October 20, 2012. I debated ever coming back, after being there I am convinced that heaven on earth truly does exist!
6) My name came from my oldest sisters best friend when she was little. They stopped talking shortly after but the name stuck. It is also only one letter off from my mother’s name, my high school always thought I forged notes and accidentally signed my own. That is until they looked up her name on record.
7) I am slightly addicted to flossing. I carry floss and floss picks in my purse at all times.
8) I could probably run a nail salon with the number of polishes I own. I can not stand when my nails are chipped and for me the right nail color is the perfect compliment to every outfit.
9) I am incredibly impatient. Definitely not a good trait to have when you have to drive around LA.
10) I hate surprises. I do not like the word hate but I truly hate surprises!
11) If it was a diet option and provided enough nutritional value I could live off of grilled cheese, ice cream, celery and chips with salsa.
12) I have absolutely no sense of direction. North or south… how about left or right?!
13) I love laughing so hard I cry. Am I the only one that secretly thinks this is a slight ab workout too;)???
14) I’m obsessed with The Good Wife. It is such a great show!
15) I usually have at least 5 different lip balms in my purse at any given time.
16) I am very competitive. I apologize now if you ever have to witness a Scrabble or Words with Friends game between my husband and myself.
17) I don’t actually own any socks. I just steal my husbands.
18) My lucky number is 13… odd right?!
19) My team is and always will be the Seattle Seahawks. Don’t judge me, hashtag loyal to my hometown!
20) Our dog Murphy, who is pushing 60 lbs, still thinks he is a lap dog… even when we are driving in the car.
21) If they had a rehab for coffee I would probably need it. I consume at least one quad shot latte, if not 2 or 3, a day. I do make them at home though.
22) I despise scary movies. I actually feel like watching them through my fingers while covering my face will keep the scary parts from happening.
23) I “lose” my debit card and ID at least twice a week. I am not sure why they never find there way back into my wallet rather scattered throughout my purse.
24) I can not stand the smell of Red Bull, it actually makes me slightly ill.
25) My daughter is my world. Her pinkie promises and eskimo kisses are everything.