I did not want to do a fashion post on Thanksgiving, to be honest, I wasn’t sure that I was going to post at all. The last thing ya’ll will probably be doing today is reading my blog, and to be honest I don’t blame you one bit:). However, in the true fashion of thanksgiving I wanted to give thanks, not only for everything in my personal life that I am grateful for, but to all of you. If there is one thing I have learned from everything life has brought my way it’s that you should always be grateful for the good in your life. No matter how tough life may seem at times you can’t let it consume you, concentrate on all the good and you can make it through anything. This blog has truly been one of the biggest blessings in my life. It has allowed me to follow a dream and break out of my shell in so many ways. So, without further ado, I guess here I go with a few things I am grateful for.
1) My mother. Her unselfishness, her unconditional love, and all the support she has always given me. She is the definition of strength and so many times has had to be strong not only for herself but been my strength as well. Because of her I am the woman I am today, for so many reasons I wish to be like her. Oh and of course her crazy silliness, all of us girls got that part of her too.
“There’s people you’ve known forever, who like know you in this way that other people can’t. Because they’ve seen you change. They’ve let you change.”
– My So-Called Life
2) My friends and family. Emma, who is truly my heart living outside of my chest. For making me laugh and at times driving me crazy, for recognizing my strength and helping me to see it for myself. I firmly believe you never quite understand how much you can love another being until you have a child and know first hand a mother’s love. My husband who you have heard me talk about many times before. He makes me a better person just knowing him and I can’t even begin how to express how lucky I feel to know that I will wake up to my soul-mate, best friend, and most amazing father to Emma every morning for the rest of my life. My sisters who are truly my best friends as well and next to my mother the most inspiring women I know. I look up to them more than they will ever know. Only April is pictured here as all the pictures are from my sister Jan’s wedding and I didn’t want to spoil her dress (those images are hers to share, I hope you understand). My husband’s family, I truly could not have asked for better in-laws. Thankfully they are just as silly as my side and don’t judge me for it. There is so much love and support from every angle that I know I am truly blessed, I know not everyone has that!
“We’ve shared our happiness and we’ve shared our fears. We’ve shared so many things throughout the years. And when the times were hard we were by each other’s side. You were there to make me laugh when I cried.” – Missy Ulbrich
…and on a lighter note…
4) Leopard Print, top knots and red lips.
5) Laughter (&& the workout I secretly feel it gives my abs).
6) Glitter and it’s ability to instantly make everything better.
7) Honesty (it really is the best policy).
8) Dreams and passion.
9) Murphy’s cuddles (there is just something about a dogs snuggles).
10) US Weekly, my guilty pleasure I just can’t seem to get over.
11) Rainy days and soy vanilla lattes.
12) Flea Markets (one of my favorite ways to spend a Sunday).
13) Weekends; here’s to staying up late and sleeping in the next morning.
… and of course last but definitely not least. I am truly thankful for all of you, everyone reading this blog, it means the world to me. Thank you for being on this journey with me. What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? For those of you who live somewhere where they don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, what are you thankful for in general:)?