Do you know those times in your life where everything seems so completely overwhelming, not necessarily in a bad way but you just feel a need to breathe? For me that was almost all of 2016 – I think many of us can agree that 2016 was not a positive year for most. For me it was full of highs and lows. Extreme highs on a personal level and lows on a global level. With everything going on in the world and domestically it is incredibly easy to let the lows take over but I am reminding myself daily to focus on the highs, no matter how small some may seem.
- My husband and I bought our first home. An unexpected but welcome change. We officially joined “our landlord sucks so we bought a house club”. Which obviously meant we didn’t have enough furniture for the house resulting in redecorating (another passion of mine). Side note: If you are in the market to buy or sell Ursula is your woman. She truly made such a stressful process enjoyable and didn’t once judge me for my bluntness.
- I mastered the perfect hot toddy and Moscow mule.
- Emma turned 12. How she is 12 already I don’t even know. Mother, I get it now – children truly do grow up so fast.
- Work has kept me incredibly busy #movingonup. Managing a global team means there are no set work hours. What I have worked so hard for career wise is finally coming to fruition but I have had zero time for that thing some call a personal life and no longer know what that thing they call a “date night” is.
- My nephew has (somewhat) mastered saying my name.
- Murphy is now 4 years seizure free.
- I met some amazing new people who I am now proud to call friends.
- We hung Griswold style Christmas lights without having to cash in any life insurance.
- Seahawks have made the playoffs yet again #superbowlbound (fingers crossed)!
- I traveled to new countries that I have never been to before and experienced new cultures I had yet to experience.
- Emma is killing it at soccer, basketball, and now volleyball. With just one child I am still in awe of how my mom managed to coach all of our sports with three girls.
So here’s to making 2017 better than the last and to new beginnings! Here’s to making the time for this passion project of mine so that I can finally breath again! See you very shortly fresh faced with fresh looks ;). I have missed you all like you wouldn’t believe and I hope you understand the reasoning for such an extended absence.
Hey, and if it helps feel free to yell at me in the comments below!
…and of course, for some more “gems” like below follow me on snapchat at : carascliche!